Reed diffusers are a long-lasting, elegant way to scent your home. They add an air of sophistication and style to any room’s decor and are often as beautiful to look at as they are pleasing to smell. Nowadays, we see consumers increasingly choosing reed diffusers to fragrance their homes. This is not surprising, as they are eco-friendly and don’t consume much energy. They’re usually made of natural materials or recyclable materials.
How do reed diffusers work?
Everyone knows that reed diffusers are an excellent way to add fragrance and tranquility to any room. In this blog, we’ll show you how to use reed diffusers to make your home or office smell fragrant and inviting. Reed diffusers come in an array of shapes, colors, and sizes. However, they all have the same basic components, they come with:
- Fragrant oil: a blend of essential oils and base solution
- Vessel or bottle: These are mostly glass or ceramic with a narrow opening to hold the liquid fragrance
- Reed sticks: for the fragrance to evaporate through
Pro Tips: How to use a reed diffuser?
When you set up a reed diffuser, these tips are extremely helpful, let’s have a look.
- Before you set up your diffuser, put some paper towels underneath the glass vessel in case of spills. Don’t place it on wooden or delicate surfaces, because the oil may leave stains.
- When you buy your diffuser, make sure the vessel has a removable lid. The next step is to pour the fragrance oil into the vessel until it is approximately ½ to ¾ full and be sure not to fill it to the top or it might overflow when you add the reeds. If your vessel came with the fragrance oil already inside, skip this step.
- Place the reeds in the vessel and make sure the bottoms of the sticks are submerged in the fragrance oil. The number of reeds you add determines how light or strong the scent is; more sticks mean more scent. We suggest adding 7-8 reeds for a light scent, or 9-10 for a stronger one.
- Allow your reeds to soak in the oil for a few minutes, then flip them so that the dry end of the cane is in the bottle and the saturated end is in the air. Arrange them as much as possible so that air can circulate between them. Let them sit for up to 24 hours for maximum fragrance diffusion.
- To keep your diffuser smelling fresh and vibrant, flip the reeds once a week. Please remember to always flip diffuser reed sticks over a paper towel and wipe the bottle so no oil drips onto your table/surface.
A reed diffuser will typically last between 1 to 6 months, depending on the amount of fragrance added. Whenever you want a burst of fragrance, flip the reeds over. Do this carefully one by one to avoid letting the oil drip out. It’s not necessary to do this too often — at most once every 2 to 3 days — because frequent flipping will cause your oil to evaporate faster. If you feel that the scent is too light, you can add more reeds to your diffuser.
How does the magic happen?
Reed sticks are traditionally made from natural rattan reeds, which contain small pores that allow the fragrance oil to be absorbed and travel toward the top half of the stick. As the oils reach the part of the reed that’s outside of the bottle, they evaporate and release scent molecules into the air. This constant, fresh scent is especially great for places like bathrooms and foyers where you want to maintain a wonderful smell all the time without having to light a candle every so often.
Benefits of Reed Diffusers
- Since they don’t require heat, reed diffusers don’t emit soot or use a flame. As a result, you can leave them alone for long periods without worrying about starting a fire or what might happen if you’re not home.
- Reed diffusers don’t require electricity, which makes them an option for homes that don’t have outlets nearby.
- Reed diffusers are an excellent alternative to candles in places where open flames aren’t allowed, such as college dorms or offices. They allow you to add scent to a room without lighting a flame.
- Reed diffusers are great for consistent fragrance in your home or office. You can leave them alone, and when you come home, you’ll be greeted by a lovely aroma.
- Last but not least, our signature collection of reed diffusers looks fantastic. They come in sleek-looking glass bottles that complement many different home decor aesthetics.
Reed diffusers are an elegant way to freshen up your home with a delightful scent. At Aluminate Life, we make the best reed diffusers featuring several of our signature fragrances, such as:
- Bloom Reed Diffuser
- Defense Reed Diffuser
- Focus Reed Diffuser
- Strength Reed Diffuser
- Sleep Reed Diffuser
- Recharge Reed Diffuser
- Calm Reed Diffuser
- Energy Reed Diffuser
- Release Reed Diffuser
If you haven’t used reed diffusers before, now is the perfect time to start. They’re easy to use, long-lasting, and low-maintenance, and they make your home feel more festive and welcoming around the holiday season.