The arrival of a new year means new beginnings and new plans. We have a blank page before us on which to write anything.
While most of us begin the new year with the best of intentions, for most of us, following through isn’t always easy.
We can do better this year. My experience has shown me that when we set clear intentions and visualize them, we have a better chance of achieving them.
This is why I am sharing with you intention-setting tips that will hold over time.
Some wellness intentions that you can set
- Allow yourself a moment of relaxation every day. Be sure to set achievable intentions. This could be 10 or 20 minutes a day when you will think only of yourself. You can choose to practice yoga, meditate, read or take a walk.
- Learn how to say no. Do you have trouble pronouncing that two-letter word? You can learn how to say “no.” Nothing is more upsetting than engaging in a task or activity when you’re exhausted. So, if you are unable or unwilling to do something just say so.
- Hydrate. Poor hydration worsens fatigue and causes loss of attention. The right amount of water to drink varies from one individual to another, but it is important that you drink enough to keep yourself hydrated.
How to set intentions
You can set intentions daily and not just at the beginning of the year.
It is not very easy, but you can get it right with a little practice. Begin setting the intentions by asking questions, such as:-
- How do I want to live this new year?
- How do I want to feel?
- What do I want to get rid of? An alienating habit, toxic thoughts/people, unpleasant emotions?
Then, I think of concrete actions which will make it possible to materialize the intentions.
Once your intentions are set, direct your energy into the actions you are going to do, decide to act, put in place all the conditions necessary for them to come true.
It helps to use a visualization board
If someone offered to make one of your wishes come true, what would you choose?
Sometimes, it can be very difficult to answer this question. When we are busy, we don’t always take the time to think about what makes us really happy.
But if you create a visualization board, it will help you take stock of your desires, whether that is to start a family, find a new job, lose weight, go on a trip, meet the love of your life or start a business … For a successful vision board, dare to really listen to yourself, without pressure or self-censorship.
When creating the visualization board, answer a few questions like “How would I like to live my life?” or “what would I really like to accomplish?”. Once your goals have been defined, look for a piece of cardboard or a wooden board. Then paste the pictures cut from magazines or found on the internet that represent your dreams and aspirations. They can be drawings, words, or photographs. You can also decorate your vision board with paint or masking tape.
How to follow through with your intentions
Making New Year’s intentions is good. Respecting these intentions and following through is better! To do this, keep in mind these simple principles:
- Limit the number of resolutions: Be honest with yourselves, and consider your priorities! After taking a moment to undertake a sincere introspection, you will know deep down the essential areas to work on in 2021.
- Keep your spirits up: Your New Year’s resolutions should be about fun, not torture. What matters is taking care of your well-being. In fact, this is my # 1 mantra: do good to yourself, without harming yourself! This is really the only way to build a habit over time.
- Be kind to yourself. If you decide to do too much, you will tire along the way. Go at your own pace and start slow. Remember: think SMART.
- Talk to your loved ones. Sharing your resolutions with those who are close to you allows you to be more motivated and you will also feel supported. We are carried by all those who believe in us … And that is essential when you start slacking!
Happy New Year
Now that you know how to set your intentions and follow-through, Here is a small surprise from Aluminate Life. You can manifest what you want with our Intention Setting Collection!
The crystals in our newly launched Intention Setting collection are consciously chosen to help you guide your actions through the course of your day and the essential oils work with the crystals to guide your feelings aligned with mind and heart.
I hope this year will be better than the last!