If you’re like me (and I’m assuming you are), you might sometimes feel like you’re stuck in a rut.
And it’s not because of any serious problems – not really. In many cases, it just feels like everything’s the same (even though it really isn’t). As Thanksgiving is slowly creeping up on us, are you now starting to sigh at the thought of the same old thing every year? You know… rolls and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey and cranberry sauce…
No matter how much we all love these foods and everything that comes with them, sometimes you just want… something different.
That’s where scented candles come in…
A Thanksgiving-scented candle can suddenly brighten up your home and make it smell like the holidays. It might be early, but I’m in total Thanksgiving mode right now! There’s just something about candles that instantly makes your house seem so festive.
Candles: Front and Center!
Candles can be incorporated into table centerpieces for Thanksgiving (and even for everyday dinners too!) using only a few materials you might already have at home.
You will need:
– 3 candles of your choice. They should all be the same height.
– Candle holders if you don’t have small plates or bowls on hand to hold the candles.
– Fresh flowers in small vases or tealight holders.
– Some energy crystals if you want to add an extra special touch, and a little bit of imagination!
- If you don’t have plates or bowls on hand to hold the candles, fill some glass candle holders with water and place three votive candles in them. This will save you the trouble of having to prop up your candles! If you do have plates or bowls on hand, place one candle in each.
- You can then take fresh flowers (such as roses, carnations, daisies, lilies) and cut the stems to the same height as your candles. You can add a bit of greenery to your centerpiece if you so, please.
- Now place the flower vases/tealight holders adjacent to each candle holder, on top of your plate or bowl. Fill them with your fresh-cut flowers, and set them up in whatever formation you like! The goal is for it to look balanced, so if one looks more full than another, just remove some of the flowers from the fullest one to even it out. You can also add energy crystals to your centerpiece that resonate with the element of your choice on this day.
And that’s all there is to adding candles and fresh flowers to your Thanksgiving table! Now you can place the centerpiece on your table, and enjoy the soft candlelight glowing throughout dinner.
Choose Smoky Quartz Crystal for the Holidays
The smoky quartz crystal is a powerful healing stone and can serve as a reminder to create gratitude and happiness.
The smoky quartz crystal has strong cleansing powers and is said to protect you against harmful energies. Some people report that they hold the crystal throughout the day and let it absorb their negative thoughts. Some people use smoky quartz crystals as a centerpiece to activate the energy in their house.
Smoky quartz is associated with grounding, making it perfect for Thanksgiving Day where gratitude, abundance, and gratitude are celebrated.
Feeling a little excited now?
Candles and crystals on the table? Why not, right? I hope you’re now inspired to get up and redecorate! It’s the littlest of things but I promise you, it will create that big of an impact making this Thanksgiving, not like the year before.
And you don’t even have to look too far! That perfect blend of calming fragrances and the neutralizing energies of Smoky Quartz crystals are exactly what you get in our Signature Collection: Defense. Easily overlooked because of its mellow fragrances, our Defense candles offer a feeling of security and acceptance, which is what we all need around family.
Do you have a decorating idea that you really wanted to do but have not had the chance to? This might be the year. Go for it!