The female cycle is often disturbed by a number of hormonal disorders: irregularity of the cycle, absence or abundance of menstruation, the menopause, among others. Luckily, essential oils can help regulate hormonal imbalances.
Here are three groups of essential oils that can help you find balance.
- Estrogenic essential oils
Estrogens are natural hormones secreted during ovulation. Some luxury essential oils that help balance the hormonal system include:
- Clary sage is known for its regulatory effects on female cycle disorders, menopausal problems (excessive sweating, vaginal dryness, hot flashes, etc.), gynecological disorders, and irregular menstrual cycles.
- Anise and fennel are known to relieve menstrual pain and menopause-related concerns. Further, they increase milk production during breastfeeding and calm colic in infants.
- Cypress regulates hormones during menopause, specifically, it helps reduce hot flashes with sweating.
- Progesterone oils
Progesterone is a female hormone that prepares the uterus for pregnancy during the female cycle. Progesterone essential oils include:
- Yarrow with chamazulene is a plant with multiple uses in medicine. Its essential oil is traditionally known to stop blood loss outside the female cycle.
- Coriander seed is a plant with a progestin effect that facilitates the gestation of embryogenesis.
- Chasteberry and Cumin act as estrogen antagonists.
- Thyme is a plant that can help bring balance to the body and helps issues like PCOS, depression as well as other imbalanced hormones within the body.
- Oxytocin oils
Oxytocins are hormones that promote uterine contractions during childbirth. They also allow the formation of breast milk. Oxytocin essential oils include:
- Clove stimulates the production of oxytocin to facilitate childbirth.
- Chaste tree and cajeput are recognized for their benefits on the entire female cycle: menstruation, menopause, childbirth…
Other luxury essential oils that promote balance
- Sandalwood oils are very important in balancing testosterone levels in both men and women. Sandalwood has also been used as a natural aphrodisiac and has been used in men’s colognes as well as certain feminine perfumes. If you are a man with low testosterone, adding a few drops of sandalwood oil into your homemade deodorant will help restore balance. Simply take some coconut oil, add a few essential oils to it and rub it on your body.
- Rose oil has been used as an aphrodisiac and as a natural mood lifter. It’s been shown to help improve serotonin and mood hormones.
- Aluminate Life Sleep essential oil vial with Lavender is effective at reducing stress, which can naturally lower cortisol levels which is important if you are recovering from an illness.
- The Defense reed diffuser contains Frankincense oil, an important essential oil that is used for thyroid functions and autoimmune issues. This improves inflammation which can balance cortisol levels.
How to use the essential oils
Essential oils can be administered in several ways: orally, through the skin, or in a bath.
The most common way to use essential oils is to inhale them. Place a bowl of steaming water on the table then add a few drops of the essential oil. Cover your head and the bowl with a towel. Deeply inhale the steam for a few minutes. You can also burn a Focus Signature Candle or use the Defense reed diffuser.
This method is reserved for adults and children over 7 years old. The essential oil can be consumed in form of a neutral tablet, a ball of breadcrumbs, a teaspoon of honey, or sugar (unless you are diabetic).
In adults, the usual dosage is 2 drops of essential oil (you can combine 2 drops of essential oil with 2 drops of another oil) 3 times a day. In children, it is 1 drop 2 times a day. Be careful, some essential oils contain very powerful active ingredients. They, therefore, need to be combined with a hepato-protective essential oil such as lemon, rosemary, or eucalyptus radiata before using them.
Through the skin
The skin is the main route of administration of luxury essential oils. If you rub essential oils on your skin they can quickly penetrate into the bloodstream. But in general, the oils should be mixed with a carrier oil to avoid irritation.
For example, you can mix the essential oil with vegetable oil, body milk, or cream. In adults, use 1 to 2 drops of essential oils for 10 drops of vegetable oil (the maximum is 20% essential oil for 80% vegetable oil). In children, 1 to 2 drops of essential oils should be diluted with 20 drops of vegetable oil.
In the bath, luxury essential oils help fight against stress, insomnia, anxiety, or venous circulation problems. Since the oils are hydrophobic, a neutral base or liquid soap is necessary to dilute them! In adults, 10 to 20 drops of essential oils in 2 tablespoons of neutral base are recommended. In children, the recommended dosage is 5 drops of essential oils in 2 tablespoons of neutral base.
Aluminate Life vials are already diluted and ready to use in your bath, diffuser, or directly on your skin. The most popular vial to use in the bath is the release essential oil vial. It contains an amethyst crystal that eases all pains and the relaxing scents of lavender, bergamot, and frankincense to dispel anxiety and worry.
You can find balance with luxury essential oils if you are suffering from hormonal problems. If you have any underlying conditions, consult your doctor before using them.